Inclusion / Exclusion Criteria
The registry collects data on severely injured patients presenting to major trauma centres participating sites. Patients admitted to these centres who subsequently die after injury, or who sustain major trauma (defined as an Injury Severity Score greater than 12) are included.
· Patients with delayed admissions greater than seven days after injury
· Poisoning or drug ingestion that do not cause injury
· Foreign bodies that do not cause injury
· Injuries secondary to medical procedures
· Isolated neck of femur fracture
· Pathology directly resulting in isolated injury
· Older adults (≥65 years of age) who die with superficial injury only (contusions,
abrasions, or lacerations) and/or have co-existing disease that precipitates injury or
is precipitant to death (e.g. stroke, renal failure, heart failure, malignancy).